HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 2009 22:51:01 EDT
I am disturbed at the thought that HISTARCH will not continue and under
Anita's capable leadership.   It has been a valuable forum for us all, and there is
nothing comparable for our field (however defined).   We are able to share
some very detailed questions and answers even more efficiently than in a
face-to-face encounter at a professional meeting (and with many less distractions and
clearer heads).   Maybe this question of field definition should be postponed
to allow everyone to cool off and read the thoughtful comments by Bunny and
Bob S. and others. The postprecessuals will be delighted to have no limiting
definition and the rest of us might also benefit from a breather.   Too much
introspection is not a good thing and can be very destructive. For my part, I am
going to be much more cautious when I detect an opportunity for levity: people
might take it seriously!   Keep up the good work, Anita, we all benefit from
your efforts!

Bob Hoover

A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in
just 2 easy steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220439616x1201372437/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D66807
2%26hmpgID%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)