HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Mark Branstner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2009 10:54:39 -0600
IMHO:

The logic behind cutting metallic cartridges to salvage lead and
powder seems a little "forced" to me.  A pair of pliers to pull
bullets make a lot more sense, and would be a lot safer than cutting
into loaded cartridges, and frankly, I would assume that most lead
bullets could be dislodged from most cartridges using simple
hand/finger power, even without a pair of pliers.  But I haven't
personally tried that ...

.22 caliber wind chimes made me laugh, though ...

Mark

--

Mark C. Branstner, RPA
Historic Archaeologist

Illinois Transportation
Archaeological Research Program
209 Nuclear Physics Lab, MC-571
23 East Stadium Drive
Champaign, IL 61820

Phone: 217.244.0892
Fax: 217.244.7458
Cell: 517.927.4556

"I hope there's pudding" - Luna Lovegood (HP5)

"If you only have a hammer, every problem looks like a nail"- Anonymous