HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2008 21:33:44 EDT
I will ask the SB Presidio folks.   I know they have had geophysics at the
presidio in the past.   More recently, the Institute for Canine Forensics had a
team of Historical Human Remains Detection dogs identidfy the location of
burials outside and UNDER THE TILE FLOOR   of the chapel!   We know who was buried
there, just not where. It was very successful, but like other methods, also
has limitations (in this case temperature, moisture, etc.). Lew Somers of
Archaeophysics taught me that the best method of remote sensing is multiple
methods.

Bob Hoover

Looking for simple solutions to your real-life
financial challenges?  Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information, tips
and calculators.