HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
David Legare <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2007 11:20:52 -0800
Here in New Mexico, all archaeological records are
supposed to be stored at the Museum of Indian Arts and
Culture, Laboratory of Anthropology.  In many cases,
this includes field notes and other records.  We are,
I admit, rather lucky in having a single repository
for projects conducted within the state.

There have been, historically, some gaps in the
records.  Most of these have been recitfied.

--- Bonnie Crarey Ryan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Morning all,
>

>       I realize that many folks felt that this topic
> was over-discussed,
> but I would like to go back to Mary Maniery's query
> of Nov. 13 regarding
> storage of records of investigations.  I am a
> librarian and
> archaeologist, as well as a member of the American
> Library Association's
>
> Anthropology Section, and the issue of storage,
> conservation, and
> dissemination of records from archaeological
> investigations are of some
> interest.  In preparation for a discussion among
> anthropology librarians
> during our upcoming American Library Association
> Midwinter Conference,
> I'd like to ask a couple of questions:
>

> Has any CRM firm had a relationship or agreement
> with any library,
> public, state, or academic, to store and catalog the
> records of their
> investigations?  If so, what kind of agreement(s)
> did you have?
>

> You can respond to me specifically, and if the list
> is interested, I can
> summarize.
>

> Thanks very much in advance,
>

> Bonnie Ryan