HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Stephen H Buck, PhD" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2007 16:16:46 +0000
NOTE:  Old Pueblo Archaeology Center in Tucson is a 501c3 nonprofit educational and research organization.

WE HAVE SPACE FOR 5 MORE ADVENTURERS IN A SECOND VAN.

IF YOU LIVED THROUGH THE SPACE AGE, THE COLD WAR, AND
THE SEARCH FOR EXTRATERRESTRIAL LIFE,

                      THIS TOUR IS FOR YOU !

New Mexico HISTORY Grand Loop –
Geronimo Springs, Trinity Site, Very Large Array, and Glenwood Catwalk
Friday, April 6 – Sunday, April 8, 2007
This Old Pueblo Archaeology fundraising tour will take us to some of the most significant natural and man-made venues in southwestern New Mexico. On the way to Socorro for the first night, we’ll visit the impressive Geronimo Springs Museum in Truth or Consequences. On Saturday, we will join an amazing caravan to Trinity Site on the White Sands Missile Range on one of only two days a year that the location is open to the public. Trinity is the site of the first atomic bomb detonation on Earth – on July 16, 1945. Then, it’s on to the biannual open house at the National Radio Astronomy Observatory Very Large Array (VLA) on the Plains of San Augustin for an astronomer-guided tour of some off-limits research facilities on the compound. We’ll overnight at the charming High Country Lodge in the nearby village of Magd alena. En route home on Sunday, we will spend a coupl e unforgettable hours on the spectacular 1-mile Catwalk National Recreation Trail in Glenwood, NM. Tour departs a!
 t 7:30
a.m. on Friday from Tucson International Airport Park & Save Remote Parking Lot at S. Tucson Boulevard and E. Corona Drive where vehicles can be safely parked for $4 per day. We will return to the same location by 6:00 p.m. on Sunday. Limited to  8 participants. Guide: Stephen H. Buck, Ph.D.

$299 Per Person DOUBLE OCCUPANCY
$499 PER PERSON SINGLE OCCUPANCY
$25 discount for Old Pueblo Archaeology Center
& Pueblo Grande Museum Auxiliary members

Tour fee includes a donation to Old Pueblo Archaeology,
transportation by van, lodging, and all entrance fees

CALL OLD PUEBLO ARCHAEOLOGY CENTER AT 520-798-1201 TO SIGN UP

E-mail to [log in to unmask] OR SEE WWW.OLDPUEBLO.ORG