HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Joe Dent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2006 06:51:37 -0700
Bob, Lisa, Caroline, Kate and Silas, and Pat:

    Thanks much for your gracious help with my white ink question. Your
experiences will save a good deal of trial and error on our part. In my
defense Ron, white ink is a new one for me -- always been a black ink on
white base person.  But this collection from Philadelphia was partially
labeled when it came to us, and the green bottle glass labels were executed
in white ink on clear base.  Clearly there were communist influences at work
in the original labeling. Nonetheless, I figured it is best to be
consistent, and I have to admit the labels do look quite elegant and appear
less obtrusive.  I will, however, promise not to mark more than the
unlabeled green glass in white ink.  And to the one rebel ­ Carol - who uses
black ink on a clear base for dark artifacts, that actually sounds quite
post-modern to me. Fight conformityŠ. Thanks again to all.

Joe Dent
American University