HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2008 14:19:53 -0000
7bit
From:
Iain Banks <[log in to unmask]>
Dear Janice

I saw your email and had a look at the website, which is very good.  I am
one of the editors of the Journal for Conflict Archaeology, and a paper on
your site would be of considerable interest for the journal.  We have a
broad remit, but one of the things that we are keen to do is to highlight
archaeology that provides the local and particular context for conflicts at
all levels; your farmsteads show the impact of the fighting on the settlers,
and also contain interesting physical details such as the gunfighter pits.
Would you be interested in submitting a paper to us?  If you are, I will
send you a copy of the contributors' notes.  We would be looking for
submissions by the end of May for publication by the end of 2008, but if
that is too tight, May 2009 would be the date for the following volume.

Thanks,

Iain