HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2007 08:38:45 -0500
7bit
From:
Bob Skiles <[log in to unmask]>
Red-glazed ceramic insulators were apparently produced for use along British
railways (to distinguish lines carrying high-voltage electric power from the
low-voltage telegraph/telephone lines) circa WWII. BUT ... these are far
from desirable knapping material ... and post-date the time when aborigines
and Apaches would have been going-about looking for such. An example can be
seen at the bottom of this page:

http://teleramics.com/type/telegraph/terminator.html