HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2007 16:32:53 -0700
From:
Roderick Sprague <[log in to unmask]>
Mary C. Beaudry and Histarch

Mary

What you just described is known to many area farmers, including
non-German speaking ones, as a "kitsch pile."  It is a place to keep
(throw) metal scraps and machinery parts that may be needed later to
repair something.  They still exist in suburbia as boxes of junk and
lumber piles in basement or garage shops.  Remember that when you
call something in your house "kitsch" that it translates from the
German as junk or trash.

Rick