HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 17:12:23 +0100
From:
geoff carver <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
I'd be interested in your methodology
I can also forward you a copy of John Triggs' PhD thesis (U of T) where he
tries to do "matrix seriation" on historical material, if you send me your
e-mail address offline
I'm always interested in seeing how people compare "minimum numbers of
artifact types" - comparing numbers of sherds or weight or whole vessels is
about as complicated as comparing raw counts to MNIs in faunal analysis,
right?
What does the "thickness" of layers tell you? And how can you be sure layers
are not mixed? My problem has been finding means for documenting evidence
for post-depositional transformations (or the lack thereof)