Content-type:
text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Subject:
Gaye Nayton <[log in to unmask]>
Content-transfer-encoding:
quoted-printable
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
At the 2007 SHA conference I presented a paper on a Fine Dating Methodology which on late 19th century and 20th century sites tested so far produces divisons in excavated data of approximately ten year time spans.

I am planning to turn the conference paper into a journal paper but feel it would be very useful to test the method on a wider chronological spread of sites to see how useful it is on older sites. Since Western Australia does not have many excavated older sites I can't do this with my own data.

I would therefore be interested in testing the method on data from other sites. What I need from each site to do this is:

Information from one excavated square where the excavator is sure the layers in the square are not mixed. Size of square does not matter.

A list of ALL dateable artifact types by excavation layer with a date range for each artifact type.
Minimum numbers of each dateable artifact type within each excavation layer
Information on site occupation - start and end dates.
Information on the thickness of the excavation layers the data comes from would also be useful.

What I am not looking for is dating infomation associated only with one material type such as ceramics.

If anyone has suitable data they would like tested could they please contact me off list.

Regards Gaye

ATOM RSS1 RSS2