HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2007 21:25:12 -0500
My kids love these sodas.  They are less sweet (and use cane
sugar instead of corn syrup) and seem to be more carbonated
than American sodas (or "pop," if you're from the midwest).
They're expensive, probably because of import costs.  One of
the cheaper places I've found them online is:

http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com

Part of the plastic lid (under the wrapper) detaches and is
inverted and used to plunge the marble down. It is basically
a small plastic cylinder with a circular base plate.  You
probably already know that the marble seals the bottle and is
held in place by the pressure of the carbonated gases.  I got
a selection of flavors (melon, kiwi, pineapple, strawberry,
peach, etc.) for my nephews and nieces for stocking stuffers
this past Christmas.  I think they enjoyed the novelty of
opening the bottles as much as drinking the soda.  You can
also find reviews discussing the opening process at amazon.com.

Marty Perdue