HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 2005 03:32:57 -0500
From:
The Department of Defense gave a presentation on the French infantry
trenches at Fort Lee, Virginia about 12 or 13 years ago at one of their cultural
resources workshops. They were really quite proud of the site and announced
preparation of a National Register form. I later learned there is a WW I
reenactment group that studied those trenches for their own "battlefield" in  which
they all dress the part, sit in soggy wet trenches, eat the food of the  day,
and relive that experience.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.