From:
"James W. Hock" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2006 23:15:13 -0400
> But I was really hoping to hear about some more UNUSUAL smoker fuel.

I don't know if it is unusual, but I use wood stove pellets.  It is a pain
to get started, I use a propane torch.  I "shut it off" with a wine cork in
the opening.  The half burned pellets start much easier.  They burn forever.
My small smoker, half full will burn over six hours.  The smoker drips with
resin and usually seals itself shut when cold.  Another problem easily
solved with the torch.

I was in a contest recently.  The little old lady next to me was burning
hickory bark and pine needles.  We burned about the same length of time but
her smoker billowed all day.  She won.  :)

Jim Hock
Wethersfield, CT.