From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 09:54:08 +0000
Hi All

I have been watching this thread, as I believe that a well run apiary
inspection service is a good thing in any country.

Mike Rossander made some very good points from the perspective of
someone being inspected.

Many of the points from other contributors on 'conflict of interest' are
also valid, but in my estimation they are only valid if the inspectors
are not answerable to a 'boss'. Part of a boss man's job is monitoring
and policing of just such conflicts of interest, and then doing
something about them if they arise.

You can't afford to eliminate many of your most knowledgeable
inspectors, just because they keep bees themselves.

Regards & Best 73s, Dave Cushman, G8MZY
http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman or http://www.dave-cushman.net
Short FallBack M/c, Build 6.02/3.1 (stable)