HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2006 13:16:08 -0700
A lawyer I am not, but isn't this project in violation
of (among other things) NY State Law--see paragraph
pasted below (from that helpful website Dan
mentioned):

-Grant

BTW, what kind of penalty does a Class E Felony carry?
 State of New York, Public Health Law §  4218.
Opening graves. A person who opens a grave or other
place of interment, temporary or otherwise, or a
building wherein the  dead  body of  a  human being is
deposited while awaiting burial, without authority of
law, with intent to remove the body, or any  part
thereof,  for  the purpose  of  selling  it  or
demanding  money  for the same, or for thepurpose of
dissection, or from malice or wantonness, or with
intent  to steal  or  remove  the  coffin or any part
thereof, or anything attached thereto, or any
vestment, or other article interred, or intended  to
be interred with the dead body, is guilty of a class E
felony.

--- "Davis, Daniel (KYTC)" <[log in to unmask]>