HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Boyer, Jeffrey, DCA" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 10:47:20 -0600
The ongoing stream of messages about archiving digital data includes a couple of responses about keeping hard copies in order to outlive the vicissitudes of digital technology.  With that in mind, I am forwarding to histarch (read below my "signature") a poignant and hard-learned lesson about hard copies. Clearly, diligence is primary.

Jeff

Jeffrey L. Boyer, RPA
Project Director
Office of Archaeological Studies
mail: P.O. Box 2087, Santa Fe, New Mexico  87504
physical: 407 Galisteo Street, Santa Fe, New Mexico  87501
tel: 505.827.6343          fax: 505.827.3904
e-mail: [log in to unmask]

"It might look a bit messy now, but just you come back in 500 years time."  --Terry Pratchett