ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2007 14:25:44 -0400
From:
Beryl Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:

You are NOT an isolated case, I cannot go into an Omnimax.  I once
found myself in the unenviable situation of sitting in a dome between
a director and a VP for development, and wondering, "gee, if I get
sick, which way should I face?"  Don't know about the research, but
people have told me that if you sit up high or next to the projector,
it's better.
Beryl

On Jun 28, 2007, at 2:18 PM, John Bowditch wrote:

> Centers
> institutions.
> *******
>
> Hi Martin,
>
> My personal experience is that I almost always get nauseous when
> viewing I_Max films. It's something to do with the slight flicker,
> the wide angle views and somewhat the motion. I don't know what you
> can really do about this problem. I've never actually thrown up but
> it was definitely unpleasant and I avoid these venues now.
>
> Am I an isolated case? I don't know, but I thought this might be of
> use.
>
> John Bowditch
> Exhibits Director
> Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum