From:
jeffrey Peck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 May 2006 15:37:16 -0400
I was inspecting my nucs today and noticed my strong hive seemed to have a
robbing situation going on. I reduced the entrance a little, but the
numbers started to grow. I sat in the yard and watched. After about 10
minutes there were thousands of bees in the air. It looked like it was
raining bees! Bees on the plants, bees on the ground and bees on me.
Another 10 minutes and all was quiet. The swarm is about 30 ft up a maple
tree in my neighbors yard. About 10 ft back from my row of hives. All I
could do was watch in awe.
If anyone has a High speed connection, I have a 1 minute Quicktime video
of the hive.
http://www.acmepainting.com/movie.htm