From:
Mike Churchill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2006 21:05:54 -0500
At 07:13 PM 5/9/2006, you wrote:
>Again, anybody out there know a good queen candy recipe.
>Last call for help

Google is a wonderful thing:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Beekeeping:_Recipes_for_the_Bees#Fondant_Bee_Candy

http://www.beekeeping.com/goodies/bee_candy.htm

http://www.bbka.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=776

http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman/feedingcandy.html#qcandy

Or, you could try using a miniature marshmallow compressed to fit the
opening in the queen cage.

Re: tartaric acid (cream of tartar in the US): this is added to
fondant recipies since it helps prevent the sugar from
recrystallizing.  I have read that it also may shorten the life of
bees who consume it, so my inclination is to leave it out and take my
chances with recrystalizing.

Mike C