HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
geoff carver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2008 12:31:29 +0100
I'm thinking of organising a session for the EAA (European Association of
Archaeologists) conference in Malta in September, and would like to gauge
interest in participation. I want to do something on problems of detecting
minorities in the archaeological record: synagogues in medieval Europe,
churches in the Roman Empire, ghettos, trade enclaves, etc.
I'm sort of working on an impression that finding the necessary info is
fairly difficult without historical documents, and even then, prone to
misinterpretation, but... I would like to know what experiences others have
had in this area.
Anyway: any interest? Papers would have to be 20 minutes long, Malta is
going to be cool...