HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Rich Lundin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jul 2007 09:16:20 -0700
Ron:

The locals knew when ebonized timbers with hand-forged fittings started to
emerge from a bog in the pasture in the 1950's.  Also, an Italian or Flemish
breastplate was found three miles away exposed in a streamcut bank 6-feet
down from the presnt surface.We missed the deadline for SHA for presenting
on that project (Co-author review is ALWAYS a problem) but we will be,
again,  doing the Archaeochemical Workshop, presenting  on Claudia's work
with Barto Arnold on the Denbeigh and we will be presenting on our CSF
archaeogeochemical and archaeogeophysical studies on a Mexican Presidio for
the Babocomari Ranch Project and, weather permitting, doing a field CSF
demonstration project on a contact period site in the Albuquerque
area-ALLWHILE PROVIDING TECHNICAL SUPPORT TO THE NITON BOOTH AT SHA!  Come
have a beer with us!!!

We hope to present on WRI's and EI's CSF archaeogeophysical and
archaeochemical work on the Nova Albion Project at WAC-6 and IKWAC-3 in
Ireland and the UK in 2008 but are still looking for funding for travel and
expenses from corporate and media sources.

Rich Lundin, WRI