HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 03:23:01 -0500

In a message dated 11/30/2006 3:11:25 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Being a  San Diegan myself, I appreciate the history
lesson.  Now that things  are a bit more clear as well,
would we be talking gardens or  landscaping?  And is
there a considerable  difference?

Brad,

Mission Cliffs Gardens was a classic example of landscaping with walkways
around small garden plots. The shrub-lined walkways went around geometric garden
 plots with flowers of various sorts. A central building was an Asian tea
house  that featured a wrap around porch with views of Mission Valley and
northwest to  La Jolla or west to Mission Bay. Of course, I can only judge by photos
and post  cards. You can check out the post cards by searching on Ebay, as
there are often  cards offered. The walkways also featured benches for people to
rest, read,  knit, and contemplate the universe.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.