HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carol Serr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 2005 17:18:36 -0800
I have only done two posters, but don't remember the size off-hand
(4'x6' I think).  I do know that you need to make your text 18 pt or
larger (20-22, if possible) so it can be easily read without people
having to move up close to the poster (and blocking the view of others).

Do a test; print out part of the text, post it on a wall...and stand
back 2 ft (at least?)...to see if you can read it easily (of course, you
know What it reads; so, better yet, ask someone else to read it).  Think
about the same factor with your images also.  You may be able to fill a
4x8 space in no time with things larger than, perhaps you originally
envisioned.

Have fun.