From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 13:45:05 -0700
Barry,
You also said that you watch for pseudoscorpions when
working your hives. Do you see pseudoscorpions in your
hives then?

Reply:
Always have..........just like some types of ants and
centipedes, small lizzards, and spiders,they can be found
under inner covers and in pollen traps and bottom boards.
But, when taking off top covers to expose the inner cover
or when taking off cracked back top covers you also look to
see when taking off, other things there, as ants and
black-widow spiders etc, bite sometimes. But the little
scorpions under the covers that can be there, or even under
bottom boards when moveing them are not fun either for ichy
pricks.

Have never really looked that hard for them in hives as we
don't pull our hives down in working them. We just do to
make sure they are healthy and queen right/brood right and
no diseases and go on basically. Why look for problems or
other things to take time when the bees act and seem
healthy?

Regards,

Dee