ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
jeff courtman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 10:51:57 -0600

A while back, we had a large tank with a fog feed into it (ultra sonic
generation), 'touch a cloud'.  At the time, for another exhibit, we had an
industrial hygenist in to look at some exhibits.  (cooties concern :).  His
take was the feed tubes for the fog; excellent breeding ground for bugs,
including, he claimed, things like legionnaires disease.

The answer was easy; clean the tubs with a mild bleach solution every couple
of days.

This is a much different scale, and something I would guess the company has
addressed.  My comments are fyi.

Jeff Courtman
Exhibits & Special Projects Coordinator
251.208.6851