HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Melissa Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2006 14:51:11 -0500
DNA  technology changes fast. These days Y-chromosome matches can also be done on bone and teeth - so assuming only establishing connections for common female relatives (from mitochondrial DNA) is not necessarily correct. The DNA professor in my program also tells me that there are new mini-kit gels that can establish a full DNA profile from increasingly shorter strands of DNA - in other words, from relatively degraded material.

Lyle, will contact you off list. May be able to help.

Melissa Connor, PhD
Director, Forensic Science Program
Nebraska Wesleyan University
5000 St. Paul Avenue