HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Iain Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2006 07:37:07 +1000
I am in the process of establishing my own consulting practice and am thinking about how to store the digital images I am collecting. The way to go seems to be to download them onto CD/DVD's. However there is a problem with the longevity of CD/DVD's I think due to the variable size of the 'silver or gold' covering the disc. I have found lots of sites be archivists bemoaning this fact but with no recommendations as to how to overcome the problem.

Does anyone have any concrete advice or can point me to some specifications I could look for on CD/DVD's?

yours

Dr Iain Stuart
Partner
JCIS Consultants