From:
Peter Horvath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Jan 1999 10:47:45 PST
I have just purchased this recording and it has to be heard to be believed.
Heifetz was in top-form....  passionate, white-hot playing.  I have other
Heifetz performances of this work including the live one with Cantelli and
the New York Philharmonic.  IMHO none can compare to this.  Has anyone else
heard this and would they care to comment?

   Naxos 8.110817
   Mendelssohn Violin Concerto
   Wagner Parsifal- Prelude and Good Friday Spell

   NBC Symphony Orchestra
   Arturo Toscanini, Conductor
   Recorded live 9th April, 1944

Peter Horvath