From:
Steven Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jan 1999 15:47:08 EST
While perusing the cut-out bins at a local Tower, I found a disk of
Bernstein conducting the LSO in Petrushka and the Rites of Spring on the
CBS label.  Is anybody familiar with this disk?

I was about a hair's width from picking up the Abbado LSO disk of
Stravinsky but this disk is much cheaper and I recall hearing that Lennie
had once recorded a mean Rites of Spring.  I don't know if it was this
recording or a NYPO that was reccomended to me but I would hate to pass up
a good recording that was languishing in the cut-out bins heading towards
OOP status.

Steve M. (Northern Virginia)