From:
Tom Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 18:41:51 PST
During high school (1963 graduate) I used to save my $1.00 a week allowance
and visit the Coop once a month.  Vinyl was $3.40 per disk.  The allowance
and trolley fare allowed me to grow my record collection by approximately
1 disk per month.  The best price I could find anywhere in Boston or
vicinity, except when the Coop would have a sale, and my collection would
grow just a little bit faster.  In more recent years, when visiting Boston,
I would take a day to take my daughters into Cambridge.  Had to visit the
Coop record department.  They began to share my appreciation and enjoyment
of shopping for music at the Coop. You could be lost for hours.

It wasn't just the prices, which were the best.  It was the professionalism
and knowledge of the staff, the huge selection, and the ability to order
what was not available.

The Coop was able to survive a long time with this price structure.  I
can't help but wonder if alternative business use of the record department
space helped make the decision.  Whatever, music lovers have lost.

RIP Coop record department.

"Tom Connor" <[log in to unmask]>