From:
Gerardo Constantini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Feb 1999 12:38:12 -0600
A very important fact in music,after all the intellectual proccess who
involve the academic side,is "HOW IT SOUNDS",maybe for that reason your
musical instint goes to Rubinstein.  Of course Ashkenazy is a great
pianist, but Rubinstein (at least for me) was maybe the geatest pianist of
this century,togheter with Horowitz (maybe.  In a preceding E- mail i was
talking about Pollini, who for me is the most important living pianist, but
Rubinstein belong to an special "RACE" of artists, which i think the only
one who is still alive of them is Richter.  That kind of artistry you
cannot find in these days.  Bravo Rubinstein.

Gerardo:.