HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carol Serr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2007 17:15:44 -0700
Oh...my folks house has LOTS of those piles...inside and outside! (my
piles arent so organized as such) Ha ha.  My dad was always saving
stuff...in case he might have a use for it....some day.  He's gone now
tho, so...he didn't ever use it.  But, he passed on the disease to Me.
He was of German heritage, but didn't speak a word of the language - so
didn't refer to his piles by that term.

My folks went thru the Depression...so I just thot that's where his
"hoarding" (packrat) behavior came from....and my mom's patching/mending
clothes...until there was no hope.  Then the clothes become PJs...or cut
up for rags. But, she washes the rags...so, has an Abundant supply of
those.
Needless to say, out family has a Hard time getting rid of things.  Yet,
I'm not materialistic in that I buy stuff (I don't need or just to have
the latest things)...since I Hate spending money (another German
trait?).  I just cant part with Stuff...even if I never use it.  Oops.
Some sort of mental disease, I hear.  Ha ha.