HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
ray ezell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2007 18:03:46 -0700
Carol

  the PI might "magically find the money" by letting you succeed at another firm.  I wonder if you are regularly on a different page from the PI?  Isnt your PI an archaeologist, too?
  Sure you must do the most complete analysis possible (within the parameters of the phase of work and level of effort/scope)...but why over run the budget (and probably schedule too) at the expense of generating a top notch technical report (or at least many hours of "off the clock" report writing).
  I'm sure you're an adequate analyst, but show some pragmatism....how will your measurements help your staff to interpret cultural variables at this site?

  oh, I'm sure I'm gonna catch hell for this one...fire 'em up.

  Ray Ezell, RPA

Carol Serr <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Oh...dont worry Ron - I am basically ignoring the PI's grumbles and
doing a proper job of the analysis. He will have to magically Find
money some where.

But, I just wondered how Others do things (since we archys often live in
isolation). And wanted reasons to give...to justify Taking
Measurements...since "uh, because we just Do"...didnt go over too well.