HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Eric Proebsting <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2007 22:43:41 -0500
Dear HISTARCH,

This is an open invitation to present at the 2008 Society for Historical
Archaeology Conference in Albuquerque, New Mexico.  Our session, “Recent
Research in Archaeobiology and Historical Ecology,” is calling for current
studies that address significant cultural and historical questions using the
perspectives and approaches of environmental archaeology.

Papers may range temporally from the earliest colonial outposts to
19th-century sites, and topically from issues of cultural contact and
colonialism, to frontier settlement and landscape change, to urban
historical ecology.  The goal is to have papers that use an integrative
approach, which bridges both the natural and cultural realms and moves past
methodological concerns to meaningful interpretations.

For more information, or to submit a topic or abstract for consideration,
please e-mail either Eric Proebsting or Jennifer Malpiedi at the addresses
provided below.  We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Eric L. Proebsting, M.A.
Ph.D. Candidate
Environmental Dynamics Program
Department of Anthropology