HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 14:40:33 -0400
I just had a conversation with a family member who returned from a family
funeral in Portland, Oregon. Most of the clan are from Pinedale, Wyoming. They
said the oil and gas development is moving at such a booming rate that
archaeologists there are not analyzing anything, not writing reports, and not
cataloguing their recoveries and capping the sites. They say all the
archaeologists working in the area are in cahoots, especially the BLM and other  federal
archaeologists. These non-archaeology family members are pretty appalled  at the
situation in Wyoming right now. Frankly, if this is how the general  public
sees archaeology in Wyoming, we are all in trouble. Talk about creating  access
to archaeological information, what can the Wyoming SHPO be thinking to
allow such a negative public perception???

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.