HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Benjamin Nance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2007 10:32:39 -0600
Thanks for the plug, Dan.  That report, Tennessee's Western Highland Rim
Iron Industry, is still available through the Tennessee Division of
Geology Map Sales, http://tennessee.gov/environment/tdg/cop/ .  Under
"Available Publications" click on "Tennessee Related Publications."  The
MTSU Center for Preservation website is http://histpres.mtsu.edu
There's a link to their Iron Furnace Historic Trail.

Ben

Benjamin C. Nance
Historical Archaeologist
Tennessee Division of Archaeology
1216 Foster Ave., Cole Bldg. #3
Nashville, Tennessee 37210
(615) 741-1588  Ext. 21
Fax:  (615) 532-9942
http://www.tennessee.gov/environment/arch/

>>> Dan Allen <[log in to unmask]> 02/05/07 7:53 AM >>>
Sam Smith and Ben Nance (Tn Division of Archaeology, 615-741-1588) have
done
a systematic thematic survey of iron furnace sites in Tennessee. The
Center
for Historic Preservation at Middle Tenn. State University has also
done
some extensive work on iron furnaces and associated sites.

dan allen
Cumberland Research Group, Inc.