HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Tim Mancl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2007 07:40:52 -0500
	To help you think about newspapers as artifacts, Isabelle Lehuu's
Carnival on the Page: Popular Print Media in Antebellum America,
University of North Carolina Press, 2000, might be helpful.
Unfortunately, her findings might not be relevant for a later period.
Nonetheless, in thinking about print media, she covers, for example,
papermaking, printing, and distribution. Maybe a post to H-Net's H-
MATERIAL-CULTURE would help point you to similar resources for the
early twentieth century? Or you might find relevant resources by
looking at history of journalism or printing resources?

Tim Mancl, RPA
Heite Consulting
Little Creek, DE