HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 21:06:14 +0100
Subject: Hung Be the Heavens With Black

Dear Colleagues,

      It is with great sorrow that I must inform you that Bruce passed
away last night.   The Department, the University and Canada have
suffered a great loss.  Please join me in expressing our profound
condolences to  Barbara, Rosalyn and Isobel and their families.

      I know few details of the funeral, but Barbara informs me it will
be on Monday at St. Andrews & St. Paul's church on Sherbrooke St. at 2
PM.

      Bruce was my friend and mentor for over 30 years.  He was the most
remarkable and admirable person I have ever had the priviledge to know.

Sincerely,
         Mike