HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Meli Diamanti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2006 12:21:02 -0400
Please accept my apologies.  I did not mean to diss any of the work
being done "across the pond."  Yes, I meant classical archaeology, not
all of Old World archaeology.  But I was also speaking of what was being
taught at the University of Pennsyvlania in the early 1970's - which was
not even current with developments in the field AT THAT TIME, let alone
now.  I managed to stick with archaeology despite my frustrations with
the program at Penn, and went on to a much better and broader and more
up-to-date education at the Pennsylvania State University (NOT the same
thing as Univ. of Pennsylvania) in the later 1970s and 1980s.
Meli Diamanti