HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Rich Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Apr 2006 20:57:32 -0400
Ron,

I should have scrolled down the message a bit further to see what Tom King had to say.  For some reason the post had a large space between your comments and his (removed here).

And here I thought you were just name dropping, but apparently you actually did make a one sided case to Mr. King.  I suppose I feel the need to respond as to whether or not I flamed you?  And, as well, to your assertion that I am defensive because I am close to collectors?

I make my comments and sign my name.   My non-mustached Catholic wife tells me that my sarcastic analogies are often offensive, and even though they are not intended to be so, I don't seem to feel apologetic just now about anything I said in response to your post. I don't ask for or even attempt to garner support from anyone else on this or any other list.  My beliefs are what they are.

Yeah, I really like and respect some collectors the same way I really like some archaeologists; they're all people.  And yes, I really despise some collectors and some archaeologists too.  By the way, I am neither.  My educational background is in RF Engineering.  My passion is historical archaeology.  I am close to this subject, because it involves what I enjoy doing for a living.

If I recall correctly, it was you who questioned the lack of support by your colleagues here on this list? And when support wasn't forthcoming as fast as you'd like, you apparently went to the originating list to tell your side of the story to Tom King.  Who really seems defensive here Ron, me or you?

As to the flaming: I wasn't mad at you when I responded to your initial post; although, I clearly thought it was out of line and wrong.  And, you would be irking me some now if you weren't making my point for me. Now if you want to do some real flaming, we can take this outside (off-list).

My apologies to the list for this two party thread.

Rich Green
Historic Archaeological Research
4338 Hadley Court
West Lafayette, IN 47906