HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Dan Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2006 17:16:58 -0600
Drawing only from memory and oral history, friends and I remember using
waxed paper straws well into the 1960s. I personally believe the shift to
plastic occurred in the late 1960s coinciding with the rise of MacDonalds,
the Krystal, Dairy Queen, and other fast food chains.  Now the damn things
are in every field and stream near a road:(

dan allen
cumberland Research group, inc.