HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
George Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Feb 2006 17:38:39 -0500
>"We documented a crib dam on the Rappahannock River,
and found a number of these and other dams documented at HABS-HAER"

Interesting beautiful river I once stopped at one March. I had a story
in my head about it and the Encyclopaedia Britannica. There had been
planned a large dam for it back in the 1980's and the encyclopedia
went ahead and had it built in their yearbook, though, due to public
outcry and other factors it never was built. One of the few errors the
originally Scottish now American owned encyclopedia made I think.

Not a plug, a teacher sold World Book encyclopedia's door-to-door to
go to Notre Dame, and Mt. Everest climber Edmund HIllary, from New
Zealand, on their staff, once visited our elementary classes, before
building schools in Nepal.

George Myers