HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Tim Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Feb 2006 17:02:43 -0500
I was actually responding to a previous post seeking information on these --
the term is unfamiliar to me, but it sound like you're more knowledgable
than I on this topic.  We documented a crib dam on the Rappahannock River,
and found a number of these and other dams documented at HABS-HAER. The
concrete dam that had inundated the crib dam was an Ambursen dam -- very
interesting in itself, but completely off-topic [we -- the Corps of
Engineers, with the help of an Air Force demolition unit, blew the concrete
dam up and now the Rockfish can spawn upstream for the first time in over a
century)
Tim T.