HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Dan Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 13:13:06 -0600
Thanx to all answering my post on pins.  I'm overwhelmed by Dr. Davidson's
reply to my post asking for info on safety pins:)  I suspected the graves
we're working dated between 1870 and the first quarter of the 20th century.
Traditionally a "slave cemetery"  I wasn't observing any antebellum
artifacts in the burial contexts and suspected we were actually in a
Reconstruction Period cemetery.  Guess I won't need to expend much effort on
sfaety pin research:):):) I never dreamed that safety pin history was so
complex

Dan Allen
Cumberland Research Group, Inc.
and GRA; the Center for Historic Preservation @ MTSU.