HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
MARY NIENOW <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 12:50:52 -0600
Hello fellow list members,

I am curious if anyone has done any work in Competing Destination Models (or gravity models) within an Archaeological/ Historical Archaeological setting?

Similarly, has anyone heard of using Institutional Diversity at a settlement as a gage of settlement success?

Finally, I am working with Historic Period (1850-1870) distance factors, has anyone done any research into the distance an individual/family/etc. can travel in one day within a Frontier Setting - based on historical accounts?

Please feel free to either post here or email me directly [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Jeremy Nienow
PhD Student
University of Minnesota