From:
Carlos Majlis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 21:23:30 -0300
A friend of mine has trade with me the David 0istrakh's live version of
Shosta.first v.c.with Mitropoulos (1-01-56).  The only CD recording is
the one included on the 10 CD box of historical recordings by the NYPO,
and on an old Cetra LP.  Of course I've the studio version on Columbia,
recorded the next day.  IMO, the live version is slighty better than the
studio one, fresher and more spontaneous.  I've also 0istraks's recordings
of the piece with Maxim Shost., Mravinsky and live with Rozhdetsvensky.
Do you know that live version with Mitropoulos?.  Which's your favorite
recording of that extraordinary concerto?

Carlos Majlis <[log in to unmask]>