HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2006 20:35:55 -0400
Looking for references on glass seed beads. References that deal with the
artifact's history, dating, and method of manufacture in historical and
archaeological contexts. I am currently finishing up a report on an Indian  burial
(probably Ottawa), with trade silver and other artifacts, that was  salvaged
excavated in 1976 for the University of Toledo, Ohio, USA. The  touchmark on the
silver, crescent-shaped gorget reads script "RC" for Montreal  silversmith
Robert Cruikshank (1774-1809). The burial I suspect dates ca.  1815-1820 for
another reason.

I would appreciate any assistance.

Pat Tucker
French-Canadian Heritage Society of Michigan
Detroit