From:
Keith Benson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 2006 19:43:30 -0500
Dee Lusby wrote:

>Peter,
>What is also running thru my mind is that honey is
>anti-microbial, and is therefore supposedly for combating
>such.Why is it not?

Not all organisms are susceptable to the activity of honey.  Honey
contains bacteria.  Always has.  That is why it is not reccomended for
infants <1 year of age.

> Has changing the foraging of bees by
>cutting off the bottom rung in sizing gotten our honeybees
>away from too many herbal medicinal plants for pollenation
>that are quite small in bloom.

No, at least not that aqnyone can tell from this paper.  Let us not read
into this.  This is not a sizing issue, it simply means that some of
these ubiquitous organisms can be found in honey. Ever have you honey
tested?  You will be amazed at what is in there - yeasts, bacteria, some
viruses and such, unless you autoclave it or irradiate it.

Keith