HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2006 02:29:14 +0000
I would recommend that you get in touch with the library staff at the Dartmouth Library at Hanover, N.H. for such a house which was believed to be part of the UGRR. I have been told that the house is located between Hanover and Etna, where a room or secret attic was found containing something like Civil War era blankets, shoes or something like that.  Something about these items made people believe this was one UGRR station or stop enroute to Canada. While this particular house does not have archaeological work associated with it, the discovery of the room might prove helpful?
From: Elizabeth Hoag <[log in to unmask]>